Delish zucchini stuffed with your favorite ingredients! This zucchini boats recipe makes for a great side dish or a light meal.
Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon minced black olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- chopped pepperoni to taste
- 1 pinch dried basil
- seasoned salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat you oven at 450.
- Place the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp to about 1/4 inch from the skin. Chop pulp.
- In a bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bread pieces, bacon bits, olives, jalapeno, green chile peppers, onion, tomato, and Cheddar cheese or pepperoni .
(Add anything you would like) Season with basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture. Seal each stuffed half in aluminum foil.
- Place foil packets in the over and Cook 15 minutes, until tender.
Enjoy these delicious Zucchini Boats!